This main cap girdle is designed to reduce "capwalk", stop block web flexing and eliminate cracking of the main caps/block webs; this is achieved by boxing in the main caps. Our lightweight girdle evenly distributes load and dampens harmonics by bolting the main cap studs together to create a super strong rectangular cage. The brace nearly doubles the main web support area in the engine. Securing the loose end of the main studs provides stability unequaled even by a 4-bolt mains setup.
In addition, due to the close proximity of the main stud girdle to the crankshaft and rods it also aids in stripping oil off of the crank, which in itself yields a net gain in HP.
Fabricated from 10mm thick high strength aluminium, these girdles are a must for high rpm/high horsepower applications where block rigidity is critical.
- 1 X Alloy main cap girdle
Vehicle Fitment Guide
- Spacers from the OEM girdle must be re-used and modified to suit.
- May require sump modifications on some models.
- Does not fit AU type alloy sump without modification.
- Custom length main studs are required. These can be purchased from any authorized ARP dealer.
- The image is for illustrative purposes only